The Yard’s Health and Safety Policy
Updated May 28, 2020
To Our Community –
In response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and to ensure the health and safety of The Yard team, members, and guests, we are implementing new procedures to help reduce the spread of the virus.
- Social Distancing – We are implementing social distancing measures within our space to allow all members to be at least 6 feet away from each other in the common areas or open workspaces. Additionally, we are asking all members and guests to wear masks upon entry/exit and while in the common areas of the space. Every other desk is now unavailable in the open workspaces, and we are also implementing social distancing dots in common areas to facilitate distancing. Additional signage will be posted throughout our spaces indicating certain procedures to provide safety and distancing while at work.
- Cleaning and Sanitization – We have increased our cleaning staff and processes to maintain a healthy work environment. We are cleaning and disinfecting shared surfaces and high-touch areas during the day at a minimum of 5 times during business hours, and a deep clean and sanitization of all common surfaces occurs every weeknight while there is less traffic in the space. Cleaning schedules are posted near the front desk and initialed by members of our Maintenance Team once completed.
- Sanitization Stations – We have made additional cleaning and sanitization supplies available for personal use on our Sanitization Stations located in the common areas of our spaces. These include hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, hand towels, and disinfectant wipes. Soap is available at all sinks. We ask that everyone in the space thoroughly wash their hands frequently with warm to hot water for at least 20 seconds and try to avoid touching their face. Additionally, if you do sneeze or cough, please do so into a tissue or hand towel and promptly dispose of it and wash your hands.
- Infection Response – If a confirmed case of COVID-19 is present in our workspace, or individuals in our workspace have been exposed to a confirmed case, we will perform a full cleaning and disinfection of the coworking space.
- Kitchen Usage – All kitchenware (mugs, utensils) will be sanitized in our dishwasher on the highest setting. This means that washing may take longer. We ask that you only let The Yard staff brew coffee to minimize areas that are touched by community members. Our maintenance and cleaning staff will be regularly cleaning the kitchen area.
- Guidelines – We ask that all community members and guests observe the publicly posted guidelines and directives for the safety of those in the space along with keeping best practices as directed by government agencies and the CDC.
- Guests – We are asking all guests (non-members) to pre-register with our Community Managers prior to their visit. This enables us to share our updated guidelines prior to their arrival and track interactions with new members of our community. You can register guests at bit.ly/yardguest. While we are not limiting the number of guests you are able to bring to The Yard during business hours, we do ask that you do so mindfully.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.