Updated Date: May 24, 2018
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. To ensure you understand how we use your data to provide you with the highest quality of service, please read this Policy in its entirety to ensure you are able to make informed decisions about your data usage.
The personal information we collect depends on your relationship with us and the requirements of applicable law as described.
We may collection information:
- that you provide to us directly through the Site or otherwise
- that your employer, broker, or guardian provides to us
- about your devices, your location, your use of Products and Services, which may be collected through cookies, pixels or other internet technologies.
- that we obtain through additional sources.
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information and customer relationship data from Users depending upon your relationship with us and use of our Products and Services.
We may collect the following personal identification information, dependent upon the Products and Services you use:
- Contact information – Name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and other details that enable us to contact Users.
- Verification information – Government issued IDs, photo IDs, employment details, Employment identification numbers, dates of birth or other necessary means to verify identification.
- Professional information – Company name, role or title, industry category, or other information about your profession.
- Payment information – Credit or debit card information, bank account information, and other payment needs required to purchase Products and Services.
- Intellectual Property – logos, trademarks and other intellectual property you own.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
We may collect the following non-personal identification information, dependent upon the Products and Services you use:
- Information for Interest Based Advertising – Through the Site we allow third party partners to use tracking tools to collect anonymous, non personal information regarding your activities and share this anonymous data with third-party advertising partners. Advertising partners use this non-personal data to to deliver targeted, interest-based advertising to you outside of the Site.
- Google Analytics Data – Users can find information about Google Analytics’ privacy policies and practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Mobile software – Some of our Products and Services are available on mobile devices and may store information. These technologies share information with us to enable The Yard to track usage and enable you use all functionality.
- Performance analysis – we anonymize User data to evaluate performance across the organize and improve the User experience and Products and Services.
Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
How we use collected information
The Yard may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information or offers they agreed to receive about topics and goods we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- To share with insurers and/or professional advisors – Information you provide may be necessary for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceeding or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- To share with partners – Information you provide for specific partner promotions and events can be shared with partners, only when you have provided consent for that information to be shared upon submission or for information that is necessary to use our goods or services. Users can find information about the providers’ privacy policies and practices for partners necessary to use goods or services at https://www.getkisi.com/legal/privacy.
- To process payments – Financial transactions relating to our website and services may be handled by our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments, refunding payments, and handling queries related to such payments and refunds. Users can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at https://pay.shopify.com/tos-privacy-policy and http://www.fidelitypayment.com/company/privacy_policy.
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order and request. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures we deem appropriate to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Rights to your information
Users have rights to their data and we value their trust in The Yard’s compliance with data regulation and access to their personal data.
In accordance with applicable law, Users’ principal rights are:
- the right to access data and confirm if data is being used, collected, stored and for what purposes
- the right to correct incomplete or incorrect data
- the right to be forgotten and request the deletion of your data where collection of the personal data is no longer necessary and there is no other legal ground for processing the data.
- the right to restriction of processing to block or suppress personal data being processed or used
- the right to data portability to move copy or transfer personal data from one data controller to another in a safe and secure way
- the right to object to processing to exclude data from being included in direct marketing databases and to object to being subject to public authorities or companies processing their data without consent.
- the right to withdraw consent and not subject to automated decision making.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
The Yard is headquartered in the United States. If applicable, transfers of your data to the United States will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site and our Products and Services, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
195 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211